Citroën Euro Pass assists you in your discovery of the European continent during all the duration of your contract.
With the comprehensive insurance without excess you can drive with confidence!
- In case of an accident: an accident report must be drawn up with the parties involved.
- In case of theft, attempted theft or vandalism: a police report must be made.
WHAT IS THE INSURANCE COVERAGE?
The insurance solution for a Citroën Euro Pass contract is a comprehensive insurance without excess and includes the following guarantees:
- The civil liability of the driver (including with regard to passengers transported free of charge)
- Vehicle fire
- Theft of the vehicle (if reported to the police)
- Broken windows
- Damages incurred by accidents involving the vehicle, including acts of vandalism (if reported to the police)
- Legal protection
- Coverage of the driver
- Towing of the vehicle
- Wrong fuel
- Punctures and burst tires
WHO IS COVERED?
The contract holder and any other non-paying passenger, up to the authorized maximum number of people indicated on the vehicle’s registration certificate, as well as the vehicle itself.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF DAMAGE?
Citroën Euro Pass offers you an alternative to long-term car rental including insurance solution.
In case of an accident in an authorized country (see map [lien assurance & assistance map]), whether you are responsible or not, you will benefit from a total non-deductible coverage. A simple and comprehensive process can be followed to assure that your European trip goes smoothly.
A four-step process - fill in the required documents, start the insurance report, establish the vehicle's coverage and claim the reimbursement - in case of an accident, attempted theft or act vandalism, or total theft.
Don't worry about the small things and make the most of your trip with Citroën Euro Pass!
WHEN ARE YOU COVERED?
You are covered for the entire duration of your contract and as indicated on your international car insurance green card.
It is however possible to prolong the contract by contacting Citroën Euro Pass, at least 4 business days after the end of your contract on +33 (0)1 56 47 61 61.
The CITROËN EURO PASS contract does not cover the following incidents:
- Loss or theft of baggage or personal effects
- Fines, traffic penalties, alcohol-related accidents
- Lost, stolen or damaged keys
- Obvious misuse of the vehicle
- Non-compliance with the maintenance requirements of the vehicle as specified in the maintenance booklet.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Cases of force majeure
- Vehicle stuck in mud
- Participation in races, sports rallies or preparatory trials for these events
- Any damage that occurs when the driver of the vehicle at the time of the accident is underage, or doesn’t hold a valid driver’s license required by the regulations in force.
In an incident such as this, Citroën Euro Pass will charge you all of the costs incurred, including administration costs.