Citroën Euro Pass gives you an emergency solution and assures your mobility during the immobilization of your vehicle in the event of an accident or breakdown.
In the event of an accident, attempted theft, theft or breakdown in any country covered (see list [lien assurance & assistance map]), the 24/7 assistance service provides, if necessary, a prompt technical or material assistance as soon as possible.
Our assistance is available 7 days 7 and 24 on 24, on +33 (0)9 69 360 760*.
Our operators answer you in one of the 4 following languages: French - English - Spanish - Portuguese.
WHAT EVENTS DOES THE ASSISTANCE COVER?
- Breakdown immobilizing the vehicle that cannot be repaired the same day.
- Accident, vandalism or attempted theft immobilizing the vehicle that cannot be repaired the same
- Theft of vehicle.
HOW DOES THE ASSISTANCE SERVICE WORK?
Assistance is provided within the limits of the countries covered and the exclusions of the contract up to a limit of 915€ including tax per incident.
As a contractor, you need to repossess the vehicle repaired in the garage where the repair was made. CITROËN EURO PASS ASSISTANCE will provide you with a transport to get your vehicle repaired. No delivery of the repaired vehicle at home is possible.
The following expenses are not covered:
- Meals, miscellaneous refreshments, telephone calls, fax transmissions, toll fees, highway badges, fuel costs, etc.
- Consequences of theft of baggage or personal effects
- Fines and traffic violation penalties
- Any expenses incurred on your own initiative without the prior consent of CITROËN EURO PASS ASSISTANCE
Services provided by CITROEN EURO PASS ASSISTANCE cannot guarantee against the possible need to change your initial plans. No compensation is due in this case.
CASE OF FORCE MAJEURE
CITROËN EURO PASS ASSISTANCE cannot be held responsible for the failure to abide by the commitments enumerated above in case of force majeure.
By force majeure, one must include all events outside the parties’ control, notably: requisition - civil or foreign war - acts of terrorism or sabotage - riots and popular uprisings - natural disasters - strikes, with or without the premises occupied.
CITROËN EURO PASS ASSISTANCE cannot in any case intervene in incidents caused by:
- Obvious failure to comply with the manufacturer's maintenance plan
- Loss of keys and/ or transponder card "key code"
- Mistaken fuel, running out of fuel or mistaken lubricantrifiant
- Immobilization of the vehicle by authorities, notably in cases of serious breach of law (speeding and/or alcohol level) or impounded
- Involvement in competitions, sport rallies or preparatory trials in these events
- Getting stuck
- Cases of force majeure
- Obvious misuse of vehicle
In these circumstances, Citroën Euro Pass will re-invoice all expenses generated by these incidents.
* From France : Price of a local call. From the countries outside France : Price of a call to Metropolitian France